Whether you just got an Amazon Fire Stick or have had one for a while, you might wonder how to connect Amazon Fire Stick Remote to TV. It's a simple process, and we're here to walk you through it step-by-step.
Below, we'll outline everything you need to do to get started using your new Amazon Fire Stick.
What’s In the Box
To understand how to connect Amazon Fire Stick remote to TV, let’s look at the box's contents when you first order this product.
- Fire TV Stick
- Alexa Voice Remote
- USB Cable and Power Adapter
- HDMI Extender
- 2 AAA batteries
The Fire TV stick is the one where all the magic happens. It’s plugged into your TV through an HDMI port and connects to the Internet so you can stream all your favorite shows. The Alexa Voice Remote helps you control the device and has intuitive buttons, and it also responds to voice control — just say, “Hey, Alexa.”
There’s also an HDMI extender in case you want the Fire Stick to be more accessible than just behind the TV. You need to plug the Fire Stick into a power source hence the USB cable and power adapter. The remote is powered by 2 AAA batteries.
Connecting Amazon Fire Stick To Your TV
1. The first step is to plug the Fire Stick into an HDMI port on your TV. If you're unsure which port to use, just look for one with "HDMI" next to it.
2. Connect the Fire TV Stick to a power source using the power adapter and USB cable. It’s best if the TV is near a wall socket so you can plug it in and forget about it.
3. Once the Fire Stick is plugged in, turn on your TV and use the remote that came with your TV to change the input until you see the Fire Stick's home screen.
4. Grab the Alexa Voice Remote and insert the 2 AAA batteries. Once the batteries are inserted, press and hold the Home button for 5 seconds, putting the remote into pairing mode.
5. Wait for the lights on your remote to stop blinking. While it’s pairing, the light indicator will blink rapidly.
6. The remote is connected when the menu appears, and the blinking light disappears. That's it! You're now ready to use your Amazon Fire Stick.
Start Streaming Millions Of Content On Your Fire Stick
Connecting your Amazon Fire Stick remote to your TV is a pretty straightforward process, but we know it can be helpful to have a step-by-step guide to refer to. Hopefully, this guide was useful, and you can now enjoy all your Amazon Fire Stick offers.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is an example of an IoT device. Check out our article on other examples of IoT devices to discover similar items.