Smart home locks, such as ADT door locks, are great alternatives to traditional locks. These smart home devices not only improve the lives of homeowners but also keep them, their families, and their homes safe from burglars and home invaders. In fact, home security systems with integrated home automation products like ADT smart locks can help deter 60% of burglars and prevent an average dollar loss of $2,692.
In this article, we’ll take a close look at common ADT door lock issues and how users can properly fix them. Read on to learn more.
How To Troubleshoot Common ADT Door Lock Issues
When it comes to security products, ADT is one of the most popular options in the market. This brand has you covered with high-quality units that are incredibly simple to set up. So, if you’re looking to upgrade your home security system, consider ADT door locks.
These units may be a little pricey, but ADT is unrivaled in terms of cutting-edge smart features. However, the ADT door lock, like any other smart device, will experience performance issues at some point.
So, let’s go over some of the common ADT smart lock problems and basic troubleshooting steps that can help you get it working again.
ADT Door Lock Keypad Not Responding
Check the battery if you’re having problems with the keypad. This is a common issue that is easily resolved. Make sure all the batteries are properly charged and in place.
Additionally, make sure all wires connecting to your ADT door lock are securely fastened. Remove whatever part needs repairing, especially those that feel loose or appear damaged.
Error Code Appearing On ADT Door Lock
If you see an error code on your keypad, it is most likely due to one of the following reasons:
- Your door lock’s batteries are running low. Replace or recharge them immediately.
- Inactivity may have caused a door to lose connection with the central hub when left unlocked for a long period of time. To reconnect it, try locking and unlocking that door then try again.
In the event that your ADT door lock pauses after entering the first number, it is likely that your keypad is broken. If this occurs, you must replace it with a new one immediately. When getting a replacement, make sure it is the same device as the one you are replacing to ensure proper fit.
ADT Door Lock Deadbolt Not Responding
If your ADT door lock deadbolt isn’t responding properly, there are a few things you can try to get it working again.
- Check the battery. A low battery can cause problems with your ADT door lock. Before troubleshooting any other issues with your ADT door lock system, make sure you’ve recently changed the battery and fully charged it.
- Inspect the connection between your house and the ADT panel box. If this connection is damaged in any way, it may cause issues with your home electrical system as well as your ADT door lock system. Repair any damaged connection immediately.
- Check the lock alignment. It’s also possible that you’re dealing with installation issues, such as poor lock alignment. This can result in the deadbolt not fully opening or closing after user input.
If you are still encountering problems with your ADT door lock, it is best to hire an expert with extensive experience handling ADT smart systems.
Do you have a smart TV and an iOS device? If so, read this article from Trustable Tech on how to use AirPlay on LG Smart TVs.